Although most couples register for wedding gifts, not all guests will want to give them a gift from their registry. Some guests might prefer to give the couple cash to spend on their honeymoon or to let them complete their registry as they choose. These guests can give their gift in a well-worded wedding card. Guests can bring these cards to the wedding and leave them in the card box or drop them in the mail before the event. When writing and delivering a wedding card, there are a few considerations to make.
- Include a thoughtful message wishing your congratulations to the newly married couple in the card. What you choose to include should depend on your relationship with the couple and your timing. For instance, if you send the card before the wedding, you can mention how excited you are for the wedding day. If you bring the card to the wedding, express your best wishes to the couple. Personalize your message depending on how well you know the couple. For example, the best man will want to include a more personal message than a coworker of the bride's father.
- Guests can choose to bring their wedding card to the event or drop it in the mail before the big day. Most couples include a decorative card box on the gift table where guests can leave their cards. However, if you'd rather the couple receive the card in advance of the wedding, sending it ahead of time works as well.
Addressing the Card
- If you are mailing the card before the wedding, send it to the bride or groom--or both of them, if they live together. Include both names on the envelope, and use the bride's maiden name. If you bring the card to the reception, you can write "Mr. and Mrs. Husband's Last Name" on the card, assuming the bride plans to change her name. If you're not sure, you can always write the couple's first names only.
- In many cultures, money is the preferred wedding gift, according to The Emily Post Institute. Couples will always appreciate this straightforward gift, as they can choose to spend the money as they wish. If you include a check in the card, write it out to "Mr. and Mrs. Husband's Last Name" if you give the gift on the day of or after the wedding--so long as you know the bride plans to change her name. If you send the card in advance of the wedding, include both couples' names on the check, using the bride's maiden name.
Other Gift Card Options
- If you are not comfortable giving cash to the couple but want them to choose their own gift, you can include a gift card inside the wedding card to a store where they have a registry. This way, the couple can complete their registry as they wish. Or if you know where the couple is honeymooning, contact the hotel or resort and request a gift card so that the couple can enjoy a romantic dinner or exotic excursion on your dime.
Wedding Etiquette - Welcome to OurMarriage.comourmarriage.com/html/wedding_etiquette.html
Wedding planning advice to make your special day perfect. Find unique wedding ideas, wedding etiquette, wedding customs and traditions, bridal gown shopping tips ...
Wedding Place Card Etiquette eHow - eHow How to Videos ...www.ehow.com Culture & Society Etiquette Wedding Etiquette
Wedding Place Card Etiquette. Weddings involving sit-down dining require that the guests know where they are seated. In most circumstances, the bride and groom ...
Wedding Etiquette - Etiquette at Weddings - Wedding Mannersweddings.weddingchannel.com/.../wedding-etiquette.aspx
It's important to understand wedding etiquette when planning your wedding. WeddingChannel.com discusses proper bridal shower etiquette, wedding etiquette and more.
Wedding Invitation Reply Cards, Wedding Response Card Etiquette ...www.weddingpaperdivas.com/wedding-invitation-enclosures-etiquette.htm
Wedding Invitation Reply Cards at Wedding Paper Divas. Your source for wedding response card etiquette and wedding invitation enclosure.
Wedding RSVPs The Etiquette of Response Cards, and Response ...weddings.about.com/od/invitations/a/replycardwordin.htm
Wedding RSVPs The Etiquette of Response Cards, and Response Card Wording A Guide to RSVPs, Response Cards, and Reply Cards. From Nina Callaway, former About.com Guide
Etiquette for Wedding Thank You Cards eHowwww.ehow.com Weddings Wedding Stationery Thank You Notes
Once the wedding and honeymoon are over, there is still one wedding task that must be attended to. The thank you cards must be sent out to every person that ...
Wedding Place Cards Etiquette - Wedding Invitations - Custom ...www.weddingpaperdivas.com/.../wedding-place-cards-etiquette
Wedding Place Cards Etiquette at Wedding Paper Divas. Plan your wedding and get inspirations for Wedding Place Cards Etiquette
Wedding Thank You Cards Wording & Etiquette - Storkiewww.storkie.com/t-wedding-thank-you-cards-etiquette.aspx
Enjoy these great ideas for wedding thank you card wording, along with etiquette tips from Storkie.
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
Wedding Gift Thank You Card Etiquette - About.com Etiquetteetiquette.about.com/od/Receptions/a/Wedding-Gift-Thank-You-Card...
Learn the proper etiquette for sending thank you cards for wedding gifts.
Etiquette 101: The Difference Between Escort Cards & Place Cards ...www.newportweddingglam.com/etiquette-101/etiquette...cards-place-cards
Etiquette 101: The Difference Between Escort Cards & Place Cards! May 24th 2012; category: Etiquette 101; 1 Comment; Escort Cards and Place Cards. Theyre the same ...
Wedding Etiquette - Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Wedding Gift ...wedding.theknot.com/wedding-questions.aspx
Wedding Etiquette - Learn the ins and outs of wedding invitation and gift etiquette online at The Knot.
What is the etiquette on how to write out place cards for guests ...www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/what-is-the-etiquette-on...cards...
We have quite a few guests that are an entire family, some single, some are couples, mother & daughter, etc. For example, my cousin is a guest and her two college ...
Free Wedding Toasts and Wedding Speeches, Free Wedding Speech and ...www.freeweddingtoasts.net
Free Wedding Toasts and Speeches - Absolutely Free Wedding Toasts and Speech Samples, Wedding Toast Etiquette Tips, Wedding Jokes and Humor, Famous Marriage Quotes ...
RSVP RVSP Cards, Wedding, Events, Cruises, Etiquette, Meaningwww.rvsp.net
Whether you request an RSVP or include requests for no regrets, wedding and special events often require a response. Learn the etiquette.
Wedding Save the Date Card Wording & Etiquette - Storkiewww.storkie.com/t-wedding-save-date-cards.aspx
Wedding Save Date Cards (Back to Wedding Invitations Wording and Etiquette Guide) Chapter 2: Wedding Save the Date Card Wording & Etiquette. Wedding save the date ...
Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Invitation Boxwww.invitationbox.com/etiquette-for-wedding-invitations.html
The appropriate etiquette for any kind of wedding invitation.
The Wedding Etiquette category offers special articles written expressly to answer everyday and common questions and concerns that wedding guests and parties may have.
Wedding Etiquette - LoveToKnow: Advice you can trustweddings.lovetoknow.com Home & Garden Weddings
Featured Topics. Wedding Invitation Etiquette; Wedding Thank You Notes; What Colors Are Okay to Wear to Weddings? Different Ideas for What to Wear to a Spring Wedding