- Make careful decisions about the return address on the outer envelope because it is the first thing that people will see. According to The Knot, "etiquette does say that you should never print addresses with a computer, but always hand write them. Remember, a wedding is an extremely intimate and personal event, and your invitations should reflect that." Although printing addresses is incorrect etiquette, some people believe that printed return addresses are not necessarily a poor choice to make. The decision is ultimately up to the bride and whether she can gather her mother and bridesmaids to help her hand write beautiful return addresses on each outer envelope.
- Do not put a return address on the inner envelope. The inner envelope only has the name of the people invited and their children.
Response Card Envelope
- Write or print the return address on the response card envelope for the people to ensure that the wedding party knows who is coming and what they will eat. According to Beaucoup.com, "response cards should be sent out accompanied by an addressed, pre-stamped envelope to encourage your guests to send it back." Make the response card look clean by choosing the neatest method to get the address on the envelope.
- Hire a professional calligrapher if the bride and her bridal party do not have good handwriting. According to Crane's, "calligraphy is a centuries-old art that was practiced in monasteries by monks who copied bibles and other important documents by hand." Calligraphy is significant because some some brides choose a formal, elegant style wedding, and it goes well with their theme.
Whose Address to Use
- Determine whose address to use on the return address. According to The Knot, "the return address should be that of the person whom you've designated to receive response cards." The person whose return addresses is on the invitations and stationary envelopes will receive the gifts, response cards, and any invitations that the bride did not address properly. Traditionally, the bride's mother was on the return address, but many brides now use their own address.
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
Wedding Etiquette for a Return Address eHowwww.ehow.com Wedding Stationery Wedding Invitations
Weddings are joyous occasions that require preparation that entails a significant amount of attention to detail and etiquette. Brides can be surprised at the ...
Wedding Invitation Wording Wedding Invitation Etiquettewww.beautifulweddinginvitations.com/etiquette.php
Wedding Invitation Etiquette is a big word for the rules of social conduct that our society considers to be appropriate
Wedding Address Label Etiquette - Wedding Invitations - Custom ...www.weddingpaperdivas.com/.../wedding-address-label-etiquette
Wedding Address Label Etiquette at Wedding Paper Divas. Plan your wedding and get inspiration for Wedding Address Label Etiquette
Etiquette for Destination Wedding/Hosting Reception upon return ...www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/etiquette-for-destination...
Hi everyone. I am currently trying to figure out the etiquette for Save the Date and Invitation distribution. My fiance and I are getting married in Florida ...
Wedding Invitation Etiquette: Return Address On Envelopes eHowwww.ehow.com Wedding Stationery Wedding Invitations
The wedding invitation is the first impression guests will have of your wedding, signaling the degree of formality of the occasion. If you will be sending formal ...
Wedaholic.com: The Etiquette Of Asking For Cash Wedding Giftswww.wedaholic.com/archives/the_etiquette_of_asking_for_cash...
I received this question from a bride-to-be regarding the etiquette of how to ask for cash wedding gifts. "I was actually wondering if there was a nice way to ask for ...
Top 10 Wedding Invitation Etiquette Q&As - Wedding Planning ...wedding.theknot.com Budget Weddings Invitations + Stationery
Top 10 Wedding Invitation Etiquette Q&As - Tips on wedding invitations. Get answers to the most frequently asked wedding ivitation questions from TheKnot.com.
Wedding Address Labels & Return Address Labels for Wedding Invitationswww.weddingpaperdivas.com/shop/address-labels.htm
Stylish return address labels for your wedding invitations, save the date and other wedding stationery
Destination Wedding Etiquette - Destination Wedding Detailsdestinationweddingdetails.com/destination-wedding-etiquette.html
Destination Wedding Etiquette. Destination wedding etiquette, that s what this section is all about! I know you have tons of questions! All of us who have planned ...
Wedding Etiquette: How to Address Your Envelopes Crane & Co ...blog.crane.com/2012/02/03/wedding-etiquette-how-to-address-your...
Fine stationery since 1801 ... Once upon a time, wedding invitations were delivered by hand. If you were a bride, your footman delivered your invitations to your ...
Wedding Gift Etiquette - About.com Etiquetteetiquette.about.com/od/Receptions/a/Wedding-Gift-Etiquette.htm
Etiquette helps for wedding guests ... The game show Family Feud once asked survey participants to list their most favorite part of a wedding.
Wedding Labels, Wedding Address Labels, Return Address Labels ...www.zazzle.com/wedding+labels
24 hr shipping on most orders. Completely customizable wedding labels from Zazzle.com - Select your favorite wedding designs for shipping labels, return address ...
Wedding RSVPs The Etiquette of Response Cards, and Response ...weddings.about.com/od/invitations/a/replycardwordin.htm
Wedding RSVPs The Etiquette of Response Cards, and Response Card Wording A Guide to RSVPs, Response Cards, and Reply Cards. From Nina Callaway, former About.com Guide
Top 10 Tips for Addressing Wedding Envelopes Etiquette Guideetiquette-guide.com/top-10-tips-for-addressing-wedding-envelopes
How do you address your wedding invitation to your friend and her kids or the one with a same sex partner? We have those answers and more here!
Wedding Trends for 2013 Wedding Planning, Ideas & Etiquette ...www.bridalguide.com/planning/wedding-reception/wedding-trends-for-2013
For 25count em!years, weve celebrated the most creative wedding ideas in food, flowers, decor, music and more. As a fresh year stretches before us, its ...
Etiquette For Addressing Wedding Invitation Envelopes - Houston ...www.examiner.com/article/etiquette-for-addressing-wedding...
6/11/2012 Addressing your wedding invitations is not as simple as putting your guests names and addresses on the envelopes. There is a specific etiquette for ...
Wedding Invitation Etiquette: A Line By Line Guide Crane & Co ...blog.crane.com/2012/02/28/wedding-invitation-etiquette-a-line-by...
Fine stationery since 1801 ... The Grooms Name Joining Word Request Line Location Street Address Time Year
Introduction to Wedding Stationery Etiquettewww.beau-coup.com/wedding-invitations-etiquette.htm
Follow etiquette guidelines to choose the right wedding stationery and wording. Get started on your wedding invitations with the help of this guide.