Returning the Ring
- Etiquette, as well as legal precedence, says that wedding rings are a gift from the husband to the wife. Therefore, women do not have to return wedding rings to their ex-husbands if they do not want to. On the other hand, if the woman no longer wants her wedding ring, she can return it to her ex-husband. No sources say whether a man should return his wedding ring to his ex-wife.
Wearing the Ring
- After the marriage dissolves, ex-spouses do not wear their wedding rings. Wedding rings are symbols of marriage, and once that marriage ends, it becomes unnecessary as well as deceptive to continue to wear a wedding ring. However, for those who can not bear to part with their wedding rings, solutions exist. Wear the wedding ring on a different finger or even a different hand. British women in the 1920s would cut notches into their rings to symbolize divorce, according to "Popular Mechanics" magazine.
Keeping the Ring
- Some people cannot bear to part with their wedding rings, but do not want to wear it. Etiquette allows for the storage of wedding rings after divorce. Keeping your ring in a drawer, buried under mounds of clothes, is considered socially acceptable. Some people need a more concrete form of closure. Jill Testa, a Manhattan divorcee, designed the "Wedding Ring Coffin" to contain wedding rings after divorce, according to the "New York Post." The coffin provides a symbolic reminder that the marriage has ended.
Giving Old Rings New Life
- In the age of recycling and re-using, etiquette allows for reshaping a wedding ring into something else entirely. After divorce, some people take their old wedding rings to jewelers to be melted down into another piece of jewelry. The modern ethos of recycling approves this kind of re-use. It is considered bad form to throw items out when they can be given new life.
- Under no circumstances should a couple use rings from their previous marriages for a remarriage, even if they are remarrying each other. Wedding rings exemplify the commitment between two people. If you are using your old wedding ring, you bring a small part of an unpleasant period in your past with you into your new marriage. Use new rings to signify the beginning of a new life together. To be environmentally friendly, purchase or make rings from recycled or re-used materials.
Wedding Band & Engagement Ring Etiquette eHowwww.ehow.com Culture & Society Etiquette Wedding Etiquette
If you've recently become engaged and will be planning your wedding soon, it's important to know how to wear your most cherished pieces of jewelry--your engagement ...
After divorce, what to do with the ring? - SFGatewww.sfgate.com/.../After-divorce-what-to-do-with-the-ring-3227206.php
After divorce, what to do with the ring? High divorce rates leave the newly single wondering what to do with their rocks Mia Walker, Special to The Chronicle
Wedding Ceremony Etiquette Questions Answered; Ceremony Problems ...www.bridalguide.com/etiquette/bridal-etiquette-qas/wedding...
Answers by Diane Forden, Bridal Guide Editor in Chief ... Answers to who walks when, who stands where, and other ways to make sure your ceremony is perfect.
Etiquette Wedding Planning, Advice & Etiquettewww.mywedding.com/blog/planning/?s=etiquette
Your complete wedding planning guide. Find wedding photographers, wedding reception facilities, wedding ceremony sites, wedding cakes, wedding dresses, and more!
Wedding Rings Etiquette Weddings Ring Envyweddings.ringenvy.com/wedding-rings-etiquette-1217.html
Knowing the proper etiquette when it comes to wedding rings will definitely come in handy when you are planning your engagement or wedding ceremony. Many traditions ...
Etiquette Wedding Planning, Ideas & Etiquette Bridal Guide ...www.bridalguide.com/etiquette
This comprehensive guide helps specify the financial responsibility of everyone involved in your wedding.
Kim Kardashian Gets To Keep The Ring But Should Return The Wedding ...radaronline.com/.../kim-kardashian-divorce...ring-return-wedding-gifts
10/31/2011 Newly-wed and soon-to-be-divorced Kim Kardashian probably hasnt even had time to open the hundreds of wedding presents that she and Kris Humphries were ...
How Long Should a Widower Wear a Wedding Ring? eHowwww.ehow.com Marriage Marriage Other
How Long Should a Widower Wear a Wedding Ring?. ... Widowers, according to etiquette, can wear their wedding bands for as long as they wish, whether this is a few ...
Wedding Etiquette: Rules for a Modern Wedding - iVillagewww.ivillage.com/wedding-etiquette-rules-modern-wedding/5-a-528484
Those antiquated 50s books on wedding etiquette never saw the 2013 wedding landscape coming. Whose family, for example, pays for a same-sex couples wedding ...
Selling Your Engagement Ring After Divorcewww.diamonds2cash.com/divorce
Your Engagement Ring After Divorce. There are currently 2.2 million marriages in the USA every year. Of those it is estimated that about 80% of the brides-to-be ...