- Traditionally, the bride is responsible for purchasing the groom's wedding ring. She also buys a wedding gift for the groom that is presented to him on the day of the wedding. According to etiquette, the bride should also purchase gifts for her bridesmaids as a token of appreciation. Some brides also purchase their own wedding dresses and accessories, but this has historically been the responsibility of the bride's family, particularly her parents.
- The groom pays for the bride's engagement and wedding rings and buys her bouquet. It is tradition for him to purchase the marriage license as well. He is also responsible for paying the wedding officiant and buying gifts for his groomsmen. Grooms also purchase their own boutonnieres, as well as the boutonnieres for the groomsmen and ushers. Corsages for the mothers of the bride and groom are also handled by the groom, as well as small gifts for the ushers.
Parents of the Bride
- Wedding invitations and announcements, as well as the programs for the ceremony, are paid for by the bride's parents. The parents of the bride traditionally cover the cost of the wedding location and hire the musicians who will lend their talents to the ceremony. The mother and father of the bride also rent the reception space and buy the flowers and additional decorations for the wedding reception. The bride's family is responsible for purchasing the bouquets or flowers for the bridesmaids as well.
Parents of the Groom
- The groom's mother and father take care of the costs associated with the wedding rehearsal dinner, including the dinner location (if at a restaurant or banquet hall), food and beverages. The parents of the groom also pay for the groom's cake, which is a small cake of the groom's choice that is served at the wedding reception. In some cases, the groom's family will partner with the bride's parents to take care of additional wedding expenses, such as rented wedding altars or reception catering services.
- The bridesmaids are expected to pay for their dresses, shoes and accessories, and groomsmen are responsible for purchasing or renting their own formal wear. The bridesmaids pay for the bride's bachelorette party, and the groomsmen cover the expenses for the groom's bachelor party. Ushers purchase their own formal attire for the wedding; if there are children in the wedding party (i.e. flower girls, miniature bride and groom, ring bearer), the parents of the children purchase all necessary clothing and accessories for their children.
Wedding Planning, Ideas & Etiquette Bridal Guide Magazinewww.bridalguide.com
Wedding Attire You Should Never Wear On Someone's Big Day - Huffington Post; Halle Berry Wedding Dress Predictions: Roberto Cavalli Dishes on Flattering ...
Wedding Trends, Wedding Planning, Marriage Advice - HuffPost Weddingswww.huffingtonpost.com/weddings
Get ideas for planning your dream wedding and read refreshingly honest commentary about modern marriage.
Wedding Planning Ideas and Inspiration, Dresses & Jewelry ...www.marthastewartweddings.comDIY Weddings Table Arrangements Wedding Dresses Centerpieces
Plan your wedding, browse dresses & gowns, see rings & jewelry, find honeymoon destination ideas, and get bridal shower ideas at MarthaStewartWeddings.com.
Weddings Articles - Find Weddings Related Articles on ArticlesBase.comwww.articlesbase.com Relationships
Find Weddings articles at ArticlesBase.com a free articles directory. Submit your articles for free distribution and find Weddings content for your website, Ezine or ...
MYWEDDING.COM - Wedding planning guide & wedding ideas for the ...www.mywedding.comFind a Couple Log In Registries
Your complete wedding planning guide with wedding ideas, inspiration & wedding websites. Find wedding dresses, venues, cakes, invitations, photographers & more!
Wedding Planning + Wedding Ideas by Top Wedding Planning Siteswww.topweddingsites.com
Wedding Planning - Helpful online wedding planning guide with 100's of wedding ideas and a list of the top wedding sites from Team Wedding. Includes coupons, a bridal ...
Wedding Invitations - Custom Templates, Unique Ideas & Etiquette Tipswww.weddingpaperdivas.comWedding Invitations Bridal Shower Save The Date Cards
Get 8 Free Wedding Invitations samples. Free design consultation, photo upload and unique personalization tools to ensure the perfect wedding invitations.
Wedding Planning, Planning A Wedding Perfect Wedding Guidewww.perfectweddingguide.com
Wedding planning guide online providing the best wedding professionals, wedding tips and wedding planning advice to assist you with the most important day of your life.
Weddings and Wedding Planningweddings.about.com
Everything you need for wedding planning! Whether you are the bride and groom, a family member, bridesmaid, or a guest, this site will provide you with helpful hints ...
Wedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding
A wedding is the ceremony in which two people are united in marriage. Wedding traditions and customs vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions ...