Your wedding is the perfect time for you to sheath your hands in a pair of attractive and elegant wedding gloves. Bridal gloves not only give you the right amount of charm, grace and elegance but they also make your hands look even more attractive. There are numerous varieties of bridal gloves for you to choose from. The market offers a wide range of wedding gloves in stunning designs, styles, patterns and colors. Selecting the perfect pair of wedding gloves is as important as practicing wedding glove etiquette.
- Long gloves go well with sleeveless wedding gowns, while short gloves can be worn with long as well as short sleeves. Normally, the traditional color for bridal gloves is white, but your wedding gloves need not necessarily be white. Colored gloves can also be worn if they complement or match your wedding attire. It is also important to ensure that your wedding gloves match your wedding attire in terms of fabric as well as texture.
- Wedding glove etiquette is an essential part of culture and tradition. You must keep your gloves on while you are greeting guests, dancing or posing for photographs. Jewelry should never be worn over your gloves with the exception of bracelets, which are specifically designed to be worn over wedding gloves. One of the cardinal rules about wedding glove etiquette is to take off your gloves while eating. You would not want to get them soiled and stained with food or drink.
The Wedding Ceremony
- Tradition demands that you should wear gloves during the entire wedding ceremony, though you will find that this can be a bit cumbersome. If you are wearing short gloves, you could remove them and give them to your attendant or bridesmaid just before you exchange rings. However, if you are wearing long elbow-length gloves, it would be very difficult and embarrassing to remove them in front of the whole wedding gathering. One alternative is to opt for fingerless gloves, which cover just the arms and hand, but stop at the fingers. You may also opt for ring finger wedding gloves, which have a slit on the ring finger that allows you to slide the ring finger out just before exchanging rings.
- You do not want to look awkward while struggling to take your gloves off, so keep practicing everyday until you are able to take your gloves off your hand in a swift, graceful and neat stroke. Even if you opt for a wedding glove with a slit on the ring finger, you would still need to remove your gloves during eating.
The Reception Party
- You should continue wearing your gloves even after the wedding, until the reception party is over. Remember, unlike men, women should never remove their gloves when shaking hands and greeting guests. An important aspect of wedding glove etiquette is that the bride continues to wear her wedding gloves during dancing at the wedding reception. It adds an element of grace and elegance to your poise if you dance with your gloves on.
22. The Day of the Wedding. Post, Emily. 1922. Etiquettewww.bartleby.com Reference Emily Post Etiquette
Emily Post (18731960). Etiquette. 1922. Chapter XXII. The Day of the Wedding
Wedding Etiquette, who pays for what, Weddings, bride, groom ...www.topweddinglinks.com/etiquette.html
Cultural backgrounds and individual convictions heavily influence the decision-making in Wedding Etiquette. Nevertheless, the following is a general guide ...
Bridal Gowns 2012 Collection Hot Sale, New Elegant Cheap Wedding ...www.relatedress.net/wedding-dresses.html
Buy simple wedding dresses from NameDress today. Fashion simple elegant wedding dresses in a line, ball gown , mermaid styles and different colors sale at discount price.
Ladies Gloves can instantly add elegance to an outfit. How to choose appropriate day and evening gloves and the associated glove etiquette
Wedding Gloves, Bridal Gloves, fingerless and full gloves.www.usabride.com/satin-wedding-gloves-s/206.htm
The look of bridal gloves worn with a wedding dress is classic and elegant, and above all, polished. Traditionally, the length of bridal gloves directly related to ...
Wedding Accessories - Gloveswww.weddingchaos.co.uk/BridesArea/bridal-wedding-gloves.asp
Wedding Chaos - Advice for Wedding Gloves and Bridal Gloves
Rules & Etiquette for Wedding Attire eHowwww.ehow.com Weddings Wedding Fashion Wedding Guest Attire
Its not always easy to know exactly what to wear to a wedding, and etiquette can be overwhelming. While the rules for proper wedding attire may not be as hard and ...
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
Gloves in Bridal Accessories - Etsy Weddingswww.etsy.com/browse/weddings/bridal-accessories/gloves
Shop for unique, one-of-a-kind items in Gloves in Etsy Weddings > Bridal Accessories from independent, creative business owners from around the world. Browse hair ...
Wedding Guest Etiquette: What to Wear? eHowwww.ehow.com Weddings Wedding Fashion Wedding Guest Attire
The etiquette for wedding attire is typically dependent on the style of the wedding. Factors such as location, time and family background are great indicators for the ...